Thursday, November 16, 2006

About That T Rex...

After the Missile Base consumes your first group, you will switch to Squall's team. This go-around, I chose the worst possible alternates. With Selphie gone, there is no real magic. She's your best ally apart from Squall.

I figured my real test would be T Rex, and I was right. Quistis becomes good only in the yellow zone. Then Aqua Breath rules for as much as 800 hit points. Zell really needs to go over to Manual right now, so I'm heading back outdoors to practice keying in the Dolphin Blow, which gets about 270. (These figures apply to T Rex only). And it is paramount to make Squall's every single hit count.

With their numbers in the low 30's, the battle is winnable. But I had the absolute worst luck of getting two T Rexes in a row! Let me stress that luck plays a huge role in this battle: Optimally, the monster should wipe out Zell first, and lower Quistis into the yellow zone. Then hit Squall a few times. But we cannot control the enemy without GF's, so luck has to do it. And high levels.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. All signs do not point to absolutely being able to finish the game without GFs.

Fun to try, though.

1 Comments:

Blogger pb said...

Quistis, Zell and Squall are a TERRIBLE combination. Magic is a must, and Selphie was not available. Next time leave Zell with Selphie at the missile base and bring Rinoa to the Garden. Her Rapture would be very handy here.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home