Monday, March 19, 2007

Weekend Warrior

This was a real gaming weekend.

My son-in-law conquered Dirge of Cerberus. He really enjoyed the game and took exactly 28 days to finish it. Keep in mind that he works full time, does all his own home repairs, and has a rather large circle of friends that keeps his wife and him busy. Oh, yeah. He's married to my older kid, and I bet she runs him in circles.

Preliminary diagnosis. Good game. Lots and lots of very long video clips. He was also struck by the times that it seemed necessary to fight a (literally) endless parade of enemies. I did explain to him about "leveling up," how it was common in Final Fantasy, and he accepted that as a new concept.

So it was a real shoot-em-up, with an annoying tendency to bring in the hyper little cat. We've dubbed those parts the "stupid stuff." I printed out the earlier pan by my coworker (See a few posts below.) so we can get a more coherent review for a real post.

In the meantime, Josephine's Journal has another entry: Restoration. Additionally, my coworkers are really getting into the darned thing. Fortunately, it will not be necessary to alter the forthcoming chapters much. We need the characters, anyway. And they will provide artwork! A preliminary icon at right will be used when we rework the site next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home